* 3 tins of tuna in olive oil or 250 g fresh tuna
* ½ cup or 3 spoonfuls of breadcrumbs
* 1 egg
* 1 tablespoonful of parsley
* 1 small clove of garlic
* ½ small onion
* Borges Extra virgin olive Oil
Step by Step- Drain the olive oil from the tuna and crumble it into a bowl with your hands. If you are using fresh tuna, break it up as best you can.
- Add the finely chopped garlic and parsley to the grated onion. Add the egg, salt and pepper and mix it all together using a fork or your hands.
- Add the breadcrumbs and keep kneading the mixture until it forms a compact mass you can shape with your hands.
- Finally, shape the hamburgers, cover them in breadcrumbs and fry in hot oil until golden on both sides. If you are using fresh tuna, leave the mixture to firm up in the fridge for an hour or two before frying.
- Serve with bread, chips, salad… or whatever else takes your fancy.