Why is extra-virgin olive oil so healthy?
Let’s start with another question: isn’t it true that any fruit juice is healthy? Well, it’s exactly the same with olive juice. This cold-pressed liquid with no added chemicals—known understandably to many as liquid gold—is simply packed with goodness. Hundreds of studies have proven that it’s one of the healthiest foods in the world. Here are just some reasons why:
- Its natural antioxidants boost the immune system.
- Its healthy fats help reduce blood pressure, regulate blood sugar levels produce insulin (great for diabetics!).
- It aids digestion and helps food pass through the large intestine.
- It offers a natural defence against heart attacks.
- Its oleic acid helps prevent tumours, including breast tumours.
- It increases good cholesterol and reduces bad cholesterol.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties soothe aching joints.
- It slows down cognitive impairment and helps combat illnesses such as Alzheimer’s thanks to its monounsaturated fats.
With a list of properties like that, who could resist dashing out the door and buying a litre of extra-virgin olive oil right away?